Thursday, March 15, 2012

Back on Track

Tuesday was tough, but I picked myself up, dusted myself off, and got right back on track.  One thing I've  learned from many many MANY attempts at slimming down is that one bad day can be just that.  One bad day.  Too often, I let them become bad weeks, months, and even years.  Not this time.  So, on Wednesday, I ate a healthy lunch...

Italian Turkey Meatballs with Whole Wheat Pasta
Recipe can be found at Skinny Taste
...I went to the gym... 


... and I didn't go here (which is located next door to my gym).



Also, I had a good reminder today of why I'm doing this.  I found out that the weight loss plan that I'm following is reimbursable from my health insurance if I have a letter of medical necessity from my physician.  So, I filled out most of the form and faxed it off for my physician's signature.  Here is my returned form... 


I wrote "Obesity", she added "morbid".  She also wrote, "Patient is morbidly obese and at great risk of comorbid conditions".  How scary is that?  When I think of someone who is morbidly obese or at "great risk", I think of the people that you see on TV... 600 pounds and bedridden.  I run, I lift weights, I don't take the elevators.  Yet, I am obese and at risk.  This hit home.  

I am proud to say I am no longer considered "morbidly obese" (my current BMI is 37.6 - she was taking information from a former visit).  Either way, when I read what she wrote, I realized if I don't do something about my weight now, there will be consequences.  Although this makes me sad, it actually motivates me.  Someday, I won't need a letter of medical necessity for a weight loss program.  Someday, I won't be morbidly obese or even obese.  Someday, I won't be at great risk of any conditions due to my weight. 

I'm back on track. 


2 comments:

  1. I used to be morbidly obese and I never really thought of myself that way because I did things and was active and whatnot. I hated thinking I was morbidly obese, but it was true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a good wake up call. I'm just grateful that I've finally made a decision to do something about it. Thanks for sharing, Lori!

      Delete