Sunday, March 11, 2012

Diary of a Binge

This is not an easy post for me, but definitely something I want to share... 


Last Tuesday started like any other day.  I had just gotten back from Florida on Monday night so there wasn’t much for groceries in my house.  I woke up pretty early so I had time to run to Caribou Coffee for breakfast before work.  Not sure what happened from there, but the day went something like this…
8:00 a.m. Caribou Coffee
Large Fat Free Sugar Free Vanilla Latte
DayBreak Egg White Turkey Bacon Sandwich
8:50 a.m. Hospital Cafeteria
2 pieces of French Toast
2 Sausage Patties
2 ounces of syrup
9:30 a.m. Office
Chocolate Covered Graham Cracker
2:00 p.m. Office
Healthy Choice Pasta Steamer
Lindt Truffle
2:30 p.m. Office
Lindt Truffle
5:30 p.m. Taco Bell
2 Volcano Tacos
2 Cheesy Gordita Crunches
6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Home
10 Savannah Smiles Girl Scout Cookies dipped in Fat Free Cool Whip
15 Wheat Thins with 2 Wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese
Peanut Butter Cheerios/Chocolate Chips/Honey Roasted Peanuts (LOTS of each)

I was so disgusted with myself.  I do not take the word “binge” lightly, but I know there are times when I struggle with binge eating.  I do this alone behind closed doors, so I think it’s empowering to put it out there and say, “Hey, I ate WAY too much on Tuesday”. 

Luckily, I treated Wednesday as a brand new day and only let this be one bad day.  I have to remind myself that I did not get to 260 pounds with normal eating habits.  The way I eat really has changed immensely over the last couple of months, but this is a process and not always a pleasurable one. 

What I most want people to know about slimming down is that it’s not always filled with sunshines and rainbows.  There are days that you wish never happened.  This was definitely one of them.  The most important thing is to not let a temporary slip turn into a permanent one. 


Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. I had one of those days last week. You've got the right attitude, just move forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia! I think everyone has these days every once in a while, whether they struggle with their weight or not. Either way, it's done and over with and we can keep moving forward. I'm glad you found my blog! :)

      Delete