Jake and I made a big decision and decided that we were going to start looking at....
We are just starting to look, but it was so much fun. I absolutely fell in love with the very first ring I tried on. Everything else paled in comparison. Isn't it beautiful???
We then ran to Dick's Sporting Goods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Trader Joe's and Target. I decided I was going to make Chicken Tikka Masala for dinner tonight.
I marinated the chicken in a yogurt marinade with lots of spices
The chicken tikka masala was served over this jasmine rice I found at Trader Joe's. It came frozen in pouches and they only took 3 minutes in the microwave. I will definitely buy this again. It was good and so easy.
I served the meal with some garlic naan that we also found at Trader Joe's.
Roasted curried cauliflower
Here is the final product. It could have used a little color (I forgot to add the cilantro on top as well), but it was really good. The tikka masala was really spicy, but we like spice so that was okay.
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 piece minced ginger ( 1-inchinch" long)
- 6 bamboo skewers ( 6-inchinch")
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapenos, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala ( buy in Indian market)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak bamboo skewers in water.
- Thread chicken on skewers, and marinate (in the refrigerator) for an hour or so.
- Discard marinade.
- For sauce, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add garlic & jalapeno; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala & salt.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream; simmer to thicken- about 5 minutes.
- Grill or broil chicken, turning occasionally, to cook through- about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skewers; add to sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro Serve with basmati rice, naan or pita bread.