Saturday, March 10, 2012

Not Quite Forrest Gump...

... but I'm a runner again! My friend and I have signed up to run the Northern Lakes Run 5k on May 12th.  I actually ran the 10 mile run at this same race 7 years ago.  Of course, I won't be ready for a 10-miler by May 12th, but the 5k is a great goal for me.

Okay, okay, I know it takes more than one time on the treadmill and signing up for one race before you can consider yourself a runner, but my run yesterday felt so good.  Plus my playlist was the best. EVER.  I know everyone has different taste in music, but I happen to think my taste is pretty darn good.  My run (okay... run/walk) went a little something like this:

0:00 - 5:00       Warm Up              Lighters (Bad Meets Evil feat. Bruno Mars)
5:00 - 6:00       Run                       Stronger (Kelly Clarkson)
6:00 - 7:30       Walk                     Drink on It (Blake Shelton)
7:30 - 8:30       Run                       Give Me Everything (Pitbull)
8:30 - 10:00     Walk                     Fly Over States (Jason Aldean)
10:00 - 11:00   Run                      Toxic (Britney Spears)
11:00 - 12:30   Walk                     Barton Hollow (Civil Wars)
12:30 - 13:30    Run                      Forgot about Dre (Dr. Dre feat. Eminem)
13:30 - 15:00    Walk                    Chariot (Gavin DeGraw)
15:00 - 16:00     Run                     Going Under (Evanescence)
16:00 - 17:30     Walk                   Before the Lobotomy (Green Day)
17:30 - 18:30     Run                     If (Janet Jackson)
18:30 - 20:00     Walk                   6th Avenue Heartache (Jeanne Newhall)
20:00 - 21:00     Run                     On the Floor (J. Lo feat. Pitbull)
21:00 - 22:30     Walk                   What I've Done (Marie Digby)
22:30 - 23:30     Run                     Pon de Replay (Rihanna)
23:30 - 25:00     Walk                   Rehab (Rihanna)
25:00 - 30:00     Cool Down         21 Guns (American Idiot Musical Cast)

See what I mean?  Best.Playlist.EVER.  I love creating these on my iPod because I can set songs to start and stop where I want them.  So, I had exactly one minute of my favorite part of Toxic and then as soon as I heard Barton Hollow, I knew I got to walk again.

Have I mentioned how much I love music?  I love it this much...



Okay, a bit random.  But I take pictures of my feet ALL the time.  It seemed like the appropriate place to throw these in!

Have a wonderful weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Good job on your run! I'm always tempted by the idea of running... but it's so daunting! I think it's awesome you're taking it up (again). Maybe - maybe - I'll feel inspired and try myself!

    BTW - how do you set up a playlist with just a minute of a song? I didn't know you could do that - but is sounds like a great idea!

    Oh, and you've totally inspired me to write my own blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke, I'm so happy to hear you're going to start up your own blog! Let me know when you start it up and I'll make sure to stop by :)

      Do you have an iPod/iTunes? If so, this is how I set up my playlists (sorry if you know some of this information already):
      - Once in iTunes, go to File > New Playlist
      - It should pop up as "untitled playlist" under your playlists and you can rename it (I usually go with Couch to 5K)
      - From your main music, click on a song and drag it into the playlist you've created. This will put a copy of the song into the playlist.
      - Once you have your song in the playlist, right click on the song and then click on "Get Info"
      - There should be a tab on top of the box that opens up that says "Options" - click on that
      - You should then see a box for Start Time and Stop Time. Click on those boxes and enter at what time you want the song to start and stop (or if you want it to start at the beginning then just click on stop time and enter the stop time)
      - Click OK

      Just remember, once you're done with your playlist, you will need to right click on each song and uncheck the start and stop time boxes (otherwise they will continue to play just the snippet you selected)

      I HOPE this makes sense! I'm not the best at giving directions!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea you could set the songs to match the C25K times either! That's brilliant! I just started my weightloss/walking/blogging too. I hope you visit me. I'm enjoying reading your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia! I'll be sure to stop by and visit you. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog as well!

      Delete